An opportunity has arisen for a strong Accountant/Finance Manager to join a well- established, and respected organisation on a contract basis. Being inquisitive and taking a hands-on approach, this role will be responsible for undertaking a project to review the back office costs. Utilising the information, you will gather, you will categorise and prioritise and make recommendations. You will also be required to work closely with stake holders and potentially be involved in negotiations moving forward. This role will develop with the individual and reports to the CFO.
The main duties include:
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed for all entities monthly – following up and investigating key variances
- Review all external contracts, seeking value for money and cost saving opportunities
- Perform a review of the internal process regarding expense claims.
- Review of business proposal documents to ensure quality & guide stakeholders through the approval process.
- Financial modelling and analysis to support proposal development for business initiatives and new products
- Providing first line of benefit validation, managing benefit realisation and tracking along with assistance with the regular Executive reporting
- Management of forecasts and actual spend for projects
- Key contribution in the identification of new expense management opportunities
- Perform any other accounting duties or serve in such other capacity as may be determined by management and participate in ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Qualified CA or CPA
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Hands on experience in financial and project accounting.
- Recognised ERP system experience such as SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft
- Strong MS Excel skills inclusive of V-Look ups.
- Excellent communications and the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
About the client
Well established, our client is fast becoming a leader nationally within their industry. This organisation possesses a business strategy of developing from within and aiming to be the best that they can be whilst maintaining a customer focus mentality. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-moving business and contribute directly to its continued success, initially on a temp basis with the opportunity of a long term/permanent role.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org