Our client is a leading retailer, with over 3000 stores across 70 countries. They exist to make a positive difference in people's lives, creating superior quality products using the world's finest natural ingredients.
About the Role:
The Project Coordinator supports the coordination of the required resources with project teams, to ensure smooth transition and ongoing delivery of the service. This person will drive the adoption of new/changed projects within the business to ensure that maximum benefit is delivered.
- This role will be around 20% BAU and 80% project work, primarily working on upgrading the in-store infrastructure and technology.
- You will work closely with the Global Project team based in the UK, alongside a UK based PMO
- Please note that occasional work outside regular hours is necessary to align with the UK project team. However, this will still sum up to a total of 40 hours per week.
- 3 days per week on-site in Chadstone.
Reports to: Business Partner Australia
Dotted line to: Global Transition Manager
- Coordinate IT projects from inception to completion, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Reviewing transition plans, ensuring they are comprehensive, viable, clear and deliver a joined-up approach to service transfer.
- Inputting in the acceptance criteria from the market perspective, as set by Global Transition Management.
- As part of the transition of a new/updated service oversee the education, training and embedding of users, IT staff and partners, including running business change programs.
- Address and manage employee resistance to new / changed services.
- Create and run ongoing employee engagement and adoption programs for new services.
- Technical awareness sufficient to oversee 3rd party engineers installation activities in region where appropriate.
- Working closely with the IT Business Partner, key stakeholders and major vendors.
- 2-3+ years in a Project Coordinator role required.
- Experience with working with project managers in an Agile environment.
- Experience with working with ITIL aligned and DevOps service management environments.
- Experience with retail transformation programs or in a Retail/FMCG environment, including POS systems.
- Experience with business change programs.
- ITIL foundations certification desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with technical and business resources.
- Clear communicator with the capacity to adapt the message to the audience.
- Strong presentation skills capable of conveying complex information in a simple and comprehensive way.