My client is looking to hire a Project Manager who will be working in their Government Solutions PMO, you will play a key role in managing the end-to-end implementation of technical programs.
You will be responsible for tracking the status of all programs / projects as assigned by working with different stakeholders, managing customer expectations, providing status reports to management, active risk and issue management, and drive risks/issues/actions to closure.
You will create and manage project plans, communicate schedules with different stakeholders and ensure successful delivery of all projects and tickets. You will adhere to agile software development processes accepted by the organization.
- Responsible for project management of assigned client implementations and technology projects.
- Partner with a cross-functional project team to deliver programs on time, on budget and according to contractual requirements.
- Develop, distribute, and manage consolidated project plans, status reports, dashboards and communicate with stakeholders.
- Actively manage risks, issues, actions, and dependencies through closure and communicate to maintain alignment.
- Partner with the Account Management team to manage customer expectations through concise and timely communication; maintain scope alignment and mitigate scope creep.
- Compile, track, and report on project financials throughout project lifecycle.
- Works well in a team and is flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and shifting priorities for self and delivery team.
- Experience working for Government, Transport based organisations will be highly valued
- Experience in back office, development type projects will be highly valued
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in an Agile environment.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) and/or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) preferred, relevant industry experience and/or client implementation experience can be substituted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems Degree required.
- Experience in coaching, leading and influencing others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing projects and schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Must understand the agile development methodology, applicable roles, and processes.
- Experienced with Office products like Excel, PowerPoint to generate reports and dashboards.
- Experienced with tools like Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence.
- Strong problem-resolution, analytical skills, and stakeholder management expertise.
- Flexible and adaptable about learning, task assignments, and learning new technologies.
- Some experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools like Planview, Mavenlink, etc.
- Agile Scrum Software Development practices and tools preferred.