An opportunity has arisen for a strong Senior Accountant to join a well- established, and respected organisation. Taking a hands-on approach, this role will be responsible for the month end process, looking into cleaning up the balance sheet and working on multiple projects to assist the business with restructuring due to organic growth. This role reports to the Head of Finance.
The main duties include:
- Ensuring all assigned daily, weekly, and monthly Financial Accounting team tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contributing to team success during the month-end close process through completing all assigned tasks, proactively assisting with internal queries, and engagement with stakeholders on issues/variances as they arise to ensure a timely resolution.
- Ensuring the highest quality is maintained when preparing all journals and reconciliations.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed for all entities monthly – following up and investigating key variances
- Timely, accurate and transparent reporting of financial accounting information to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Taking an active role in periodic finance activities assisting in the investigation & resolution of queries and team mailbox maintenance.
- Taking part in finance projects as business requirements arise. For example, these may include preparation of key disclosures as part of half-year & full-year group reporting, supporting the external audit process, budget & strategic planning processes, representing finance in business initiatives through providing accounting guidance.
- Responsible for assessing changes in accounting standards and working with the Group to assess the impact on the financial records.
- Working collaboratively with other financial accounting team members.
- Providing coaching to financial accounting team members as and when required.
- Promote a culture of best practice governance and compliance among colleagues and direct reports
- Perform any other accounting duties or serve in such other capacity as may be determined by management and participate in ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Qualified CA or CPA
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Hands on experience in financial and project accounting.
- Recognised ERP system experience such as SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft
- Strong MS Excel skills inclusive of V-Look ups.
- Excellent communications and the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
About the client
Well established, our client is fast becoming a leader nationally within their industry. This organisation possesses a business strategy of developing from within and aiming to be the best that they can be whilst maintaining a customer focus mentality. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-moving business and contribute directly to its continued success, initially on a temp basis with the opportunity of a long term/permanent role.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org