This reputable global US listed company, and a world leader in sustainability, has a dedicated Australian head office in Sydney CBD and a factory in South West Sydney to manufacture product for different market segments for Australia and New Zealand.
Newly created role due to organic growth, our client is seeking an experienced Senior Commercial Analyst who will be responsible for providing commercial acumen to the leadership team with a focus on financial modelling, strategic planning, analysis and business partnering.
Working within a very modern, and dynamic environment, with great senior management exposure, you will assist and support the Finance Director, Sales Director and Marketing Director providing insights and recommendations to improve business performance. The role will see you take ownership of analysis of Sales and Cost metrics and making recommendations for operational improvement.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the main duties will include:
- Support Sales and Marketing teams to drive growth and operating efficiency, ensuring decisions are commercial and fact-based
- Use of modelling and scenario analysis to test outcomes and make recommendations to drive improvement
- Drive the outlined strategic initiatives within the division to ensure revenue and profit growth
- Lead in the direction and development of financial plans including budgeting and forecasting for the short and long term
- Review with the preparation of monthly P&Ls and proactively challenge outcomes vs expectations
- Maintain strong relationships with the key stakeholders to ensure a united approach towards common financial objectives
- Drive consistency and efficiency in use and production of business tools and reporting across channels
- Implement and drive processes and procedures
- Identify and analyse market trends, risks and opportunities
- Provide commercial support to the strategic planning process
- Ideally you will be CPA/ CA qualified.
- Prior experience working within the FMCG, retail or similar industry will be beneficial to your ability to successfully business partner.
- You will possess an analytical mindset with a keen eye for detail.
- Advanced excel skills crucial.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Ellen Mezger firstname.lastname@example.org