About the role
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Senior Financial Accountant will join a strong finance function based in Geelong, Victoria (Moving to Lara in 2024). This is a senior role that will deliver structure, control and change in a fast-paced environment.
My client is looking for all the usual requirements for a Senior Financial Accountant, including in-depth knowledge of financial accounting concepts (including USGAAP), the ability to manage external audits, tax and the ability to prepare statutory accounts.
The Finance Director is also offering the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in some exciting projects. Firstly, assisting the businesses parent company in transitioning its listing to the NYSE from the start of 2024. Secondly, the group’s strategy is to continue growth via acquisition, the successful candidate will play a key role on the project team driving this.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Financial Accounting in AGAAP, IFRS and USGAAP
- Developing accounting process for acquisitions in accordance with IFRS and USGAAP
- Ensuring compliance with CRH policies and timeframes for financial reporting
- Balance Sheet Control & reconciliation process ownership
- Completion of Annual Statutory Accounts, including consolidations
- Managing the external audit, including liaising with external auditors
- Managing annual tax processes, including liaising with external tax advisors
- Determining financial processes for intercompany transactions
- Ownership and maintenance of all IPA financial policies
- Driving internal business controls and improvement projects
Skills and Experience
You are a CA/CPA qualified finance professional with a strong track record in financial reporting. The successful candidate will have experience within multifaced and complex organisations with an ability to engage and communicate strongly with a variety of stakeholders. Experience managing external audits, completing statutory reporting and in-depth knowledge of financial accounting concepts and their application to various business environments is a must. Demonstrated experience in the implementation of new controls and processes is required for this role as well as an appetite to drive and manage change.
Working knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS is preferred but not essential for this role, as long as the successful candidate is keen to learn and develop their skillsets.
- $130,000 + Superannuation + Potential Bonus and Flexible working.
- A friendly and enjoyable working environment that supports professional growth.
- Clear career progression pipelines.
- Numerous global opportunities within our CRH network.
- Purchased leave scheme – providing all permanent employees the ability to purchase an additional week of leave per year.
- Paid parental leave policy.
- Novated lease policy.
Located in Geelong and moving to Lara in late 2024
Infrastructure Products Australia is one of Australia’s leading manufacturing companies supplying the Civil Construction and manufacturing market. The business designs, manufactures and distributes superior precast concrete and plastic pits, covers and construction accessories for the communications, transport, energy and water sectors. Focused on partnerships and innovation, they deliver the best solutions for their customers on time and on budget by adding value in service, quality and efficiencies.
Infrastructure Products Australia are part of the CRH Group, employing 77,400 people at 3,235 locations in 28 countries. CRH is the largest building materials business in both North America and Europe and also have regional locations in Asia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Koch on 0414 272 260. Please note that all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for consideration.