Our client is a thriving, Australian-owned company that manufactures and markets a range of well known products. They are looking to attract an ambitious Senior Financial Accountant who has had proven experience working within a complex environment. You will have excellent analytical capabilities and be a confident communicator who can engage with and influence non-financial stakeholders. Additionally, you will possess an enthusiastic & ambitious attitude which allows you to work collaboratively within a high performing finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the role will be directly responsible for:
- Compliance with all statutory requirements including ASX, audit, tax, and banking. This will include supporting the Group Financial Controller with the statutory half and full year audits and requisite reporting.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of General Ledger and sub-ledgers monthly for the Australian and UK entities.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared accurately and consistently to AASB and corporate company standard.
- Ensure all intercompany accounts are reconciled.
- Maintain the fixed asset registers.
- Supervise and coordinate with Accounts Payable and Receivable departments in the processing of debtors’ and creditors’ transactions.
- Assist the Financial Controller to ensure all the activities of the finance group comply with company policies relevant Acts legal demands and ethical standards.
Our client is looking for a candidate who is ready to step up and succeed. Degree level qualifications in Accounting and working towards a CA / CPA membership are mandatory, as is previous experience in an FMCG / Retail / Manufacturing organisation. Strong technical accounting skills are important in this role, and they should be complimented with an analytical skillset. The role will involve a high level of stakeholder management across the wider business, so a proven track record in a commercial role is critical. Most importantly, you must be a strong communicator with advanced excel skills who is not afraid to challenge themselves.
If interested contact Jack Munro on 0439 275 181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org