Sharp & Carter is proud to be exclusively partnering with an established and successful private family office and property development business that over a period of close to 30 years, has positioned itself as a clear market leader. They have an enviable internal culture that is positive, progressive, collaborative, and supportive of its team members. They are now seeking an experienced and technically strong Senior Financial Accountant to join the team in a maternity leave contract position spanning the duration of 2021.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be a central point of contact and a source of financial information for both internal and external stakeholders. Whilst not specifically tasked with the management and development of junior staff within the team, you will provide them with mentoring, guidance and assistance on a day-to-day basis.
Other specific duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsibility for completion of the year-end income tax returns of the group within agreed timeframes;
- Preparation and review of Financial Statements to ensure adherence with Australian accounting standards where appropriate;
- Management of relationships with the group’s external tax advisors;
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all direct and indirect Tax Law. This includes income tax, capital gains tax, GST, FBT, stamp duty, land tax etc.
- Responsible for computation of the groups tax rolling forecast;
- Review of all Group monthly/quarterly BAS for payment and lodgement;
- Assistance with the private family office investments;
- Preparation of management reporting for various elements of the business;
- Act as an inhouse expert on taxation and accounting matters;
- General assistance where required by the CFO or directors.
You are CA/CPA qualified, having commenced your career in the chartered environment, either Big 4 or Mid-Tier. Your interpersonal and communication skills are exceptional, consistently displaying a willingness to provide ongoing training and support to all key users. You will have demonstrated exceptional tax knowledge, strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines throughout your time working within either a commercial/residential property business or a private family office environment.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Jason Tran via email at email@example.com.