Reporting to the CFO and leading a large finance team, you will play an important role in driving transformational change of the organisation and finance function, improving business performance, ensuring financial control and integrity, managing risk and delivering on financial reporting requirements. You will also be responsible for driving process improvement and operational performance by challenging the status quo and identifying and executing on opportunities for greater efficiency and quality of board information and reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes, and maintaining a high performance culture.
- Leading the management and financial reporting processes
- Providing leadership and development, and upskilling finance team
- Ensuring compliance with all external reporting, governance and tax obligations
- Maintaining strong financial controls and mitigating financial and operational risk
- Providing analytical and technical support to the strategic planning process
- Preparing board papers and risk management documentation
- Ad hoc duties as directed
Skills and Experience
You are a CA/CPA qualified finance professional with a strong track record at a senior leadership level of driving financial performance and ensuring strong controls and efficient processes. Ideally you have previous experience within Big 4 Audit, and have strong technical experience in a complex (preferably listed) corporate environment. You have a demonstrable expertise in building and leading high performing teams, getting the best out of your staff through motivating them and providing ongoing development. You are a commercial and big picture thinker, who is proactive in monitoring trends and identifying opportunities, developing and executing plans to maximise financial performance and ensure ongoing improvement of processes and enhancing operational efficiency. Crucially you are an outstanding communicator and relationship builder, who can network and influence effectively at all levels of an organisation.
- Strong organisational reputation with strong financial position
- Collaborative and high performing yet flexible working environment
- Attractive remuneration and incentives
This well established and growing professional services organisation is the largest and most profitable of its type in Australia. It has a diversified service offering and a corporate brand that is the envy of its competitors, having grown both organically and through acquisition. It is now embarking on an exciting period of transformational change including a potential ASX IPO which will usher in a new chapter in a proud history spanning many generations.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Harley Thomas on 0413 564 625.