Data is at the heart of this commercially-focused and future thinking Business. Fintech, AI and associated technologies are key products that this household name provides to major financial institutions; whose offerings include the market leading product that is a key tool underpinning our financial systems. Known for brave innovation, they lead the way through a natural curiosity, nurtured and driven by industry leading C-suite Executives.
About the role
Reporting through to an experienced General Counsel you will work at all levels of the organisation to resolve a broad range of commercial and regulatory issues in ways that are practical, commercially-focused and forward thinking. Some of the activities you can expect to play an integral part in are:
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts across all business units, including master services agreements, product supply agreements, procurement contracts leases, tender responses.
- Assist with strategic projects, M&A activities, joint ventures, marketing campaigns and new product launches.
- Advise across a broad range of commercial law, including privacy, data protection, corporate and commercial, intellectual property, and information technology.
- Lead the development and maintenance of well-prepared precedents and implement legal technology to manage and deliver efficient legal service.
- Support the business in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and other international locations.
Our Client understands there is always room for growth- in fact it is encouraged! With that in mind some of the skills and attributes that you could have that will assist you in this role are:
- Experience or enthusiasm for technology, data, fintech, privacy, finance (and related industries) would be well regarded.
- Strong commercial problem solving and evaluation skills, ability to identify key issues, analyse options and apply sound judgement to determine the best course of action to achieve commercial outcomes and satisfy legal requirements.
- Strong legal knowledge across a wide range of commercial law, including privacy, data protection, corporate and commercial, intellectual property and information technology.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in fast-paced, complex organisational environments and managing competing deadlines.
- Positive outlook, proactive, commercially focused.