As the Tax Advisor you will report directly to the Global Head of Tax and act as in-house specialist taxation advisor for all taxes including income tax, GST/VAT, FBT and other taxes as required for both the Australian and international businesses. Your role will also include but not be limited to the following duties.
- Provide tax technical, due diligence and advisory support on growth and expansion opportunities, including M&A, disposals and restructuring
- Assist in preparing the groups tax R&D documentation and application process
- Ensure tax compliance, tax reporting (actuals and budget/forecast) including tax-effect accounting requirements are met to high standards, both on a stand-alone company and consolidated group level
- Manage requirements of audits/reviews conducted by regulatory authorities
- Anticipate matters that could give rise to disputes with authorities and make recommendations
- Drive excellence in tax governance processes and controls
- Assist in preparation and updating transfer pricing documentation for the group
- Assist across the Finance Team pro-actively where possible
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as directed by the Global Head of Tax
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you will approximately 3-5 years of experience working in Big 4/mid-tier tax professional services firm and/or multinational organisation. You will have extensive knowledge of Australian income taxation, tax compliance matters and tax risk appetite relevant to a large listed corporate group and will also have proven stakeholder management experience. If you have used CCH/Tax Integrator tax accounting/tax return software or NetSuite it will be greatly advantageous but it is not essential. As this is a long-term contract role, candidates on Holiday Working Visas are also encouraged to apply.
Our client is an iconic ASX listed business that prides itself on delivering high quality products and services to the Australian market and their excellent culture of high-performing people.