Our client is seeking a motivated and talented individual to join their fast-paced and engaging working environment. Working as a Team Assistant you will play a pivotal role in supporting this dynamic Accounting firm. Whilst you will be working as part of the wider administration team, this position will be autonomous and requires someone who has previous experience working in a professional services firm who can work confidently in a fast paced and demanding environment.
If this description sounds like you, see the key responsibilities below.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Has a solid understanding of the firm’s policies and strategies, ensuring a clear understanding of all services that can be offered to clients and prospects.
- Preparation of monthly WIP reports for respective team leaders including clean-up activities as required.
- Understand and respond to client needs efficiently and professionally.
- Attending to client calls when required if Principal/Accountant is unavailable.
- Actively participate in performance and appraisal systems.
- Play an active role in the firms’ social activities, training, and update events.
- Management and maintenance of database - proactively correcting issues when necessary.
- Retrieval of information from the database when required.
- Strong preparation of outgoing correspondence in the form of mail, couriers, delivery and client information and follow ups.
- Occasional ad hoc reception and administration responsibilities.
- Collation and provision of varying documents and deeds.
Skills and Experience
This role requires a minimum 12 months experience in a similar role in a professional service environment:
- Certificate III in Business/Business Administration (or currently undertaking relevant studies).
- Basic understanding of tax and accounting matters.
- Intermediate experience using computers and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively in a team environment.
- Excellent professional communication skills (including phone manner).
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet reporting requirements.
- Awareness of risk Management and compliance principles.
About the client
Our client is a progressive and fast paced accounting firm that provides optimal, personal and professional services focusing on improving their client’s personal wealth. They are known in the market for staying current with taxation laws and regulations and are committed to continuously improving their ability to provide the highest standard of accounting services. Our client understands that their people are their biggest asset and are passionate about the development of their people.
If you would like to hear further about the role please get in touch
Faith Rayner- firstname.lastname@example.org