This is a four to six month contract WHS Advisor role based in the inner suburbs of Brisbane CBD. The position is required to work closely with the WHS Manager with the goal to strengthen safety processes, policies and culture across the Queensland business. This role does not require regular travel as the major premises you will be required to manage is based in a conveniently located part of Brisbane close to public transport and with parking available on site. This role will commence immediately as a temporary contract for four to six months however, could extend for the right candidate.
- Ensure compliance standards are met, be the first point of contact for safety enquiries, and promote a proactive approach to WHS across the broader business;
- Present to groups to provide effective training to safety committee members, training programs and compliance;
- Safety reporting including contributions to management reporting;
- Return to work coordination, contribution to ISO accreditation standard requirements, and safety audits across distribution centers.
- Ability to commit to a six-month assignment and work autonomously with counterparts in other states and territories;
- Proven ability to engage and coach operational staff with technical guidance around the management of high-risk tasks;
- Demonstrated experience improving and implementing new safety processes, systems, and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in Food Safety will come highly regarded;
- Safety qualifications such as Certificate IV Occupation Health and Safety Management or Certificate IV Training and Assessment.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a member based not-for-profit organisation based in Brisbane with a rich history spanning over 130 years. Whilst this role will be based in the one location, the organisation hosts hundreds of events per year and will require a very hands-on, operational WHS Advisor to assist during a peak period of business.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position.