About the role
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Corporate Services, this autonomous role provides support and guidance to the Executive Leadership team and is responsible for overseeing the health, safety and wellbeing of personnel within all organisation programs. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing advice, support and coaching to staff and management on WH&S best practices and risk management. Specific duties include:
- Maintain up to date awareness of amendments to relevant legislation and the impact on current practices; and assist the organisation to respond to legislative changes in an appropriate way
- In conjunction with HR, design and develop WH&S into the Human Resource Information System and keep updated, clean and reportable data
- Chair and ensure secretariat support for the WH&S Committee
- Manage First Aid and Fire Wardens ensuring up to date representation lists and training
- In collaboration with the General Manager Finance, develop, design and implement WH&S education programs to meet the identified needs of the organisation
- Proactively manage WorkCover claims and liaise with WorkCover and relevant direct line managers to develop rehabilitation and case management plans for injured or ill workers
- Undertake assessment of need and make recommendations for staff who identify as having a disability, and require reasonable and necessary adjustments for work functionality
- Design and implement WH&S Induction Programs Position Description
- Drive and promote the organisation’s Wellness strategy
- Compile statistics relevant to WHS & Rehabilitation functions that include: Lost time injuries; WorkCover Claims; Risk assessments and Incident reporting
The successful applicant must demonstrate experience in providing support, advice and management of Workplace Health and Safety in a medium to large organisation. You should have the ability to apply workplace health and safety and risk management legislation along with experience in workers compensation and injury management in an office-based environment.
The remuneration for this role is commensurate with experience, and additionally, also includes Accrued Annual Leave; Salary Sacrificing and the potential for a hybrid WFH arrangement (after training completion).
The travel involved in this role is predominantly limited to annual site visits within Southeast Queensland with fleet vehicles available.
This stand-alone opportunity has a unique suite of benefits with a values-based organisation.
Please contact Donna Bliss on 0468 922 810 to find out more or apply below.