Our client is a fast-growing retail and distribution business with strong a footprint through Australia, Southeast Asia, and North America. They are extremely customer focused and committed to providing the best service to their consumers. They are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their growing finance team and business.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Management of Accounts Payable and Receivable functions
- Monthly general ledger account reconciliations/assisting with month end process
- Preparation and processing of adjusting journals
- General ledger maintenance and trial balance
- Assist on Foreign Currency projects
- Processing Payments on internet banking
- Assistance with effective cash flow management
- Quarterly statutory reporting (BAS)
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Assistance with payroll function
- Work with finance team to identify and implement business process improvement
- Other ad hoc duties to support the team
The ideal candidate will be recently tertiary qualified in an accounting. You will have 2 - 3 years professional experience as well as basic knowledge of accounting standards. You will have aspirations to complete or already started your CPA/CA. Your experience will ideally be within a small to medium environment with exposure to Australian tax compliance. Exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to demonstrate initiative is essential. The willingness to learn and develop your accounting skills, as well as good attention to detail are a must for all successful candidates.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Mia Di Giambattista on firstname.lastname@example.org.