An exciting opportunity within an industry-leading Media organisation currently exists in order to fill a key role in their finance team. This Assistant Accountant position will help assist in the management and communication of the companies’ accounting activities on a national scale. This role is a permanent opportunity based in St Leonard's/North Sydney with the opportunity to work-from-home 1 day/week.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Prepare and review financial statements, reports, invoices and expense reports.
- Process weekly journals for each required legal entity- including direct debit, cheque, receipts, payroll, merchant fees, bank fees, and debt collection.
- Process weekly clearing account journals to reflect cash received in bank.
- Month end bank reconciliations
- Prepare and post month end accruals and prepayments.
Ideally, you will be CA/CPA qualified accounting professional or studying towards, and will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as your ability to interact and engage cross functionally within the business will be crucial to your success. Additionally, you will have strong attention to detail, had experience working in a complex & high-volume environment and possess a positive "can-do" work ethic. A passion for the media industry would also be ideal.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Hannah Lee at email@example.com