Our client is looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to join an exciting team. The role and the business is suited to someone who is hard-working, has a positive attitude, is well-spoken and is a quick learner. They do pride themselves of having an excellent working culture & supportive environment and offer career growth opportunities. This role will be suited to someone who has a few years experience in an assistant accountant role and is eager to apply their accounting skills in a new role.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts, annual financial accounts and finance submissions for external stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of all taxation and compliance requirements including income tax, GST, BAS, tax instalments, FBT, payroll tax, workers compensation and ABS Surveys.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Maintenance of the general ledger.
- General accounting duties, including preparation and maintenance of accounting files, perform bank reconciliations, post month end and ad hoc journal entries, reconciliation of intercompany accounts and transactions, and reconciliation of payroll accounts.
- Perform Accounts Payable function, including entering of invoices and filing.
- Assist with year end reporting and audit
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ previous experience within a similar role
- Experience dealing with confidential and organisational information.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy.
- Committed to undertaking duties efficiently with a high level of attention to detail and with strict confidentiality.
- Ability to take, interpret and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated excellent time management.
- Able to use own initiative and handle multiple tasks
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below or email email@example.com