As the Claims Advisor, you will actively contribute to the achievement of workers' compensation and injury claims / chase management strategies, predominantly within the Queensland self-insurance scheme. This position reports to the Team Leader and will offer three days working from home and two in the head office based in an inner CBD suburb.
- Management of an end-to-end claims portfolio in accordance with the QLD Workers' Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 and requirements of the industry self-insurance license;
- Interpret relevant legislation and provide advice to claimants and other stakeholders regarding entitlement of workers' compensation;
- Provide education to managers and staff to ensure they understand their rights and responsibilities in relation to workers' compensation and injury management including relevant policies and processes;
- Facilitate discussions with the Senior Rehabilitation Advisor regarding the approval of reasonable rehabilitation expenses required to enable effective outcomes for injured workers;
- Maintain excellent customer service and build and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated end-to-end claims and/or rehabilitation case management experience, ideally within the QLD workers' compensation scheme;
- Qualifications in injury management and rehabilitation or other equivalent discipline, or significant experience deemed the equivalent;
- In date or ability to attain a current Federal Police Clearance;
- Ability to provide high quality administrative claims and rehabilitation support combined with strong time management skills.
Our client is an Australian owned and operated not-for-profit with a rich history in providing healthcare and aged care services for over 200 years. They have a strong ethos in ensuring their customer can live a life of fulfilment. Our client holds safety to a very high standard and are a safety focused organisation.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For a confidential discussion around your career or more information on this role, please contact Haylea Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org