As Cloud Solutions Architect you will engage and work with customers to understand their application architectures and requirements. From these inputs, solutions on Microsoft’s Azure public cloud platform and ancillary services will be designed and implemented.
You will cultivate and maintain relationships with key customer personnel to further delivery of superior managed and professional services. You will work with our customers to dive into their applications and design innovative solutions that utilise Microsoft's Azure PaaS offerings to achieve global scale for performance, security and availability.
This role contains some pre-sales activity, so you'll need to be a great presenter and able to build trust quickly. You may also be required to design and lead projects, typically for app modernisation, which will include facilitation of resource both internal and through third parties.
Role Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Remain fully informed of new Azure services and changes to existing services Remain intimately familiar with each Azure customers’ environment and use of Azure Attain and maintain relevant Azure infrastructure certifications
- Propose solution enhancements for specific customers based on new Azure features
- Ensure the customer makes informed decisions regarding Azure Platform architectural choices Create strong and trusted relationships with key customer personnel
- Participate in Azure related pre-sales opportunities
- Prepare Statements of Work and commercials for customer agreement of project scopes and objectives
- Professional Services engagements to deliver solutions to customers Proof-of-concept design and delivery
- Peer-reviews of colleague’s technical solutions Occasional hands-on work to augment operations teams
- Participate in the development of Azure related services
- Assist other areas of the business from time to time as and when required
- Web applications (Azure App Service)
- Database-as-a-Service (Azure SQL, CosmosDB etc)
- Serverless computing (Azure Functions)
- ACI, AKS etc.
- API integrations
- Log Analytics
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Cognitive Services
- CI/CD Pipelines
- IaaS solutions (Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, etc)
You will meet or exceed the following role requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture and development, including, but not limited to .NET development
- Experience developing build and release pipelines through modern DevOps toolsets, e.g. Azure DevOps
- Confident consulting manner for engaging directly with customers
- Pre-sales experience highly desirable
- Have achieved or are close to achieving certification in architecting Azure solutions solutions