City Parklands is the premier lifestyle and major event precinct and parklands for Brisbane city, with over 10 million visitors annually. A wholly owned subsidiary of Brisbane City Council (Council), City Parklands manages South Bank Parklands, Roma Street Parkland and Victoria Park is accountable for delivering the operational and financial performance objectives set out by Council and the Queensland Government. Established in 2013, City Parklands has been on a journey of growth since its inception, with a current workforce of 135 permanent and temporary staff along with more than 100 volunteers and casuals. The Director of People and Culture for City Parklands represents a unique opportunity to join a community-minded organisation contributing to the vibrancy and liveability of Brisbane city.
About the Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position will assist in creating the overall strategic direction for City Parklands and has a broad remit of responsibilities including:
- All aspects of strategic human resource management and workforce planning including performance leadership, talent management and learning and development
- Organisational design, review and change management to improve business effectiveness and legislative compliance
- Industrial relations and employee relations strategy development and service delivery, including the end-to-end process for renewal of the City Parklands Certified Agreement (EBA)
- Management and strategic oversight of City Parklands Workforce Health & Safety strategy
- WorkCover claims, complex insurance cases and pandemic planning and response initiatives (within a self-insurance environment)
- Oversight of public liability claims in terms of reporting, stakeholder liaison and associated legislative compliance and risk management
- As a member of the Executive Management team, this position will take a lead role in fostering an overall culture of performance and collaboration
To succeed in this position, the successful incumbent should possess an innovative, improvement-focussed mindset whilst having the agility to navigate a diverse, hands-on remit. Your experience should include human resource management and workforce planning within a complex statutory framework along with significant industrial relations knowledge including EBA negotiations. Exceptional advocacy and negotiation capability will be critical and local and state government experience is very highly regarded.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Bliss on 0468 922 810 or to receive an information pack, please email executiveQLD@sharpandcarter.com.au.