Reporting directly to Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing strategic and operational advice to enable informed business decision making and help drive improvement in financial performance. You will also be responsible for the delivery of all month-end reporting and analysis requirements for your allocated portfolio and ensuring all data contained in the financial systems is accurate. This role will also include providing direct support to GMs, CFO and the broader Finance Team as required. You will also assist the business to make better decisions, enable strategic initiatives and help drive improvement in financial performance. This will include partnering with commercial stakeholders across the business providing key financial insights and working together with stakeholders to identify and understand opportunities for improvement.
- Provide effective finance business partnering support to the General Managers, Operational Managers and the Chief Financial Officer
- Partner with Operations stakeholders around continuous improvement to add value of the business
- Develop strong working relationships with the business
- Use data analytic tools to identify, analyse, and interpret trends to support business groups in making commercial decisions
- Understand and drive the business strategy to enhance organisation performance
- Provide commercial insights into performance and assist in the decision-making process
- Create and maintain dashboards using data visualisation tools such as Power BI/Tableau in order to support analysis and provide regular insight
- Identify opportunities to improve data and business processes
- Negotiate solutions where a range of financial interests have to be accommodated.
- Present monthly group results at management meetings as required.
- Assist with the annual budget process for the business
- Play a key role in the development of strategic initiatives and strategy
- Provide ongoing financial education to improve commercial capability in the organisation
- Assist with monthly reporting, managing deadlines and providing variance analysis
- Identifying business risks and proactively managing these
- Demonstrate insight and knowledge of the marketplace and drivers within the industry
- Manage ad-hoc queries from operational management that arise within the division
- Drive improvements in commercial capability, including robust business case preparation
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as they arise
Ideally CA or CPA qualified, this role demands excellent communication skills, proven stakeholder management experience and a desire to improve existing analysis tools and reporting. The successful candidate will have proven Business Analysis or Management Accounting experience gained in a medium to large corporate ideally within a fast-paced environment. Candidates with a background in business partnering roles from engineering, construction, infrastructure or project focused organisation will be advantageous.
Our client is an employer of choice that has a positive, collaborative culture in the finance function and true focus on work/life balance, flexible working arrangements and employee well-being. They offer great employee benefits, flexible work arrangements and support for continuous development and learning. Due to an internal promotion, they are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Finance Business Partner to join their high performing and commercially focused team based in Melbourne. You will join an experienced finance team and become a key support for the CFO, GM of Finance and a number of senior stakeholders.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lucy Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org