An excellent opportunity has arisen with a good client of ours, who are an industry-leading business. This role is focused on analysing high volumes of GL data on excel and ensuring tax compliance. They are open to candidates bringing ideas to help streamline/ automate processes. This role is a great opportunity for either an experienced Assistant Accountant or Management Accountant who is keen to develop their analytical skills in a high volume, large scale business.
The company has a fantastic working culture, offering hybrid working conditions (3 days from the office, 2 days from home). They look to promote people internally too which is great.
The successful candidate must have strong excel skills (or a willingness to learn). Key excel functions used include v-look ups, pivot tables and potentially macros.
- Analysing GL data to identify what transactions are subject to tax deductions and what transactions are subject to FBT.
- Liaise with the team and provide advice based on the financial data findings.
- Analyse large volumes of data through applying excel functions including v-look ups, pivot tables and macros.
- Data manipulation and suggesting process improvements / working with the team to automate manual tasks
- Business partnering tasks
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Strong experience with excel and have the ability to handle large volumes of data (pivot tables, v-look ups).
- Have drive and can take initiative- happy to assist the team. The tasks in the team can be repetitive so they are open to your ideas for helping to streamline/ making manual tasks more efficient through automation in excel.
- Good analytical skills and communication skills
- Friendly personality and is a team player- they have a great team culture.
- Come from an assistant accountant background or management accountant background and is happy in a hands-on role, with repetitive tasks.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application via the link below, that way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.