Reporting directly to an exceptional business leader and CFO, you will form part of the senior leadership group and oversee all finance functions and reporting. You will be responsible for leading a small finance team, driving performance by identifying improvement opportunities, guide/mentor and lead from the front through your well developed people abilities. The role offers a mix of technical reporting and value adding through commercial strategy, thus requiring strong business acumen and high level stakeholder engagement skills.
Positioned as part of the leadership team, this is a critical role which will act as the CFO’s 2IC essentially, oversee the finance function and offers an exciting career opportunity to join a business that is on a strong growth trajectory. They provide a flexible working environment combined with a combination of working from home and in the head office.
- Lead and manage the finance team and function, taking ownership of all internal and external reporting requirements
- Full responsibility and ownership of consolidated financial reporting for the group
- Maintain and implement best practice processes with up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards
- Coordinate and deliver budgeting/planning and forward estimates
- Provide analytical and commercial insights/strategy to drive performance
- Identify areas for improvement and implement process and system enhancements to create efficiencies
- Project related work with the broader business providing an opportunity to grow and develop across functions
Skills and Experience
- CA/CPA or equivalent qualification (ideally with Big 4 or mid-tier experience + commercial)
- Relevant experience in a similar senior finance related role
- Demonstrated success in improving financial reporting, controls and commercial insights
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement abilities
- Exposure to a large business environment previously (ideally with listed entity exposure)
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with this listed organisation who are well placed within their industry field with opportunities to continue their aspirations to scale and grow on a global stage. With an impressive track record to date, they offer strong career development opportunities and a fast paced yet enjoyable work culture. They offer a collaborative and supportive work environment where new ideas and commercial insights are valued; they are always looking for ways to improve and streamline processes where possible. Corporate head office is situated in the south/western suburbs of Brisbane with parking onsite.
How to Apply
To apply please use the link below or for a confidential conversation please contact Daniel Careless on 0411 955 700 | email@example.com