As the General Manager, Supply Chain, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing the strategic direction of the supply chain operations and business growth. Your leadership will directly impact the short and long term success of the business by delivering efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and quality outcomes. This is a rare opportunity to join the executive team of a dynamic ASX listed nutritional dairy business.
More information about the company
This Australian-based company focuses on the development and distribution of nutritional products including infant formula and other dairy-related products. They are known for commitment to providing high-quality, nutritionally sound products for infants and young children. With a head office based in Melbourne, they supply products through domestic retail and pharmacy channels and international markets.
Further details about the role
The GM Supply Chain will provide executive leadership and specialist supply chain expertise to the organisation, as it embarks on a new phase of transformation and growth. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive supply chain strategy aligned with business objectives and industry best practices.
- Lead and inspire a high-performing supply chain and quality team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Oversee outsourced manufacturing processes and logistics operations to ensure seamless and efficient production and distribution of dairy products.
- Drive operational excellence, cost-effectiveness, and quality improvements throughout the supply chain.
- Cultivate and manage strong relationships with external manufacturing partners, suppliers, and logistics providers.
- Negotiate contracts, terms, and agreements to maximize value and mitigate risks.
- Optimize inventory levels and align with market demand.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and cost reduction within the supply chain.
- Implement best practices and innovative solutions to enhance overall supply chain performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in a senior supply chain leadership role within the dairy industry.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end supply chain processes and best practices.
- Proven leader of transformation or change program.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and team management abilities.
- Effectively navigate ambiguity with resilience.
To apply online, please click on the apply function. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact:
Dale Young on 0400 687 506 or email@example.com
Lewis Ironside on 0435 824 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org