Our client Cancer Council Queensland (CCQ) is an established for-purpose organisation who are dedicated to reducing the burden of cancer. CCQ raises funds that are dedicated to improving quality of life for people living with cancer, through research, patient care, prevention and early detection. CCQ is dedicated to supporting the community in cancer control through their employees, volunteers and supporters. CCQ is dynamic, outcome-focused, responsive to community needs, committed to voluntarism and the pursuit of excellence in all its activities. All employees and volunteers from CCQ, through their work, are actively involved in cancer control.
Their employees, volunteers and supporters are at the heart of their work – driving their vision for a cancer free future. This will be the organisations 60th year in operation and supporting Queenslanders affected by cancer.
CCQ employs 200 employees statewide and have more than 1300 volunteers. CCQ has nine offices and operate six accommodation lodges providing regional cancer patients with a home away from home when they access lifesaving treatment services in Queensland’s major cities.
About the Role
Reporting directly to and partnering with the CEO, this is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing executive team and oversee the strategic and financial & ICT operations, for an initial term of nine months.
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the corporate services team, which encompasses the functions of finance, facilities and IT. Provide contemporary advice and solutions that optimise CCQ’s overall financial position, whilst maintaining the highest standards of professional integrity.
The CFO will be specifically responsible for:
- Implement financial/accounting principles, standards, and practices in line with regulatory and corporate requirements
- Report on contemporary developments in financial management and reporting obligations, managing financial risk and investment strategies relevant to a charitable Not-for-Profit organisation
- Provide strategic financial and commercial advice
- Develop an enterprise-wide data and financial reporting framework
- Provide advice on investment strategy and management
- Implement best practice financial risk management and controls
- Contribute to and implement financial policy and procedures
- Advise on the financial implications of management decisions, establishing the financial soundness of proposed initiatives/ventures
- Ensure that the revenue and assets of the organisation are protected through the management of effective financial controls
- Liaise with auditors and accountants on matters relating to the financial management of Cancer Council Queensland
- Manage the staff of the finance, data services, and reporting teams to meet objectives
- Exceptional people leadership skills including driving change, developing culture and employee engagement
- Hold formal qualifications (CA/CPA) and considerable practical experience in reporting and control in a CFO or equivalent position
- Demonstrated experience managing finance & IT functions specifically
- A strong conceptual thinker, a flair for systems with a high level of financial and commercial acumen
To express interest apply below or for a confidential discussion please reach out to Daniel Careless on 0411 955 700 | firstname.lastname@example.org