Permanent on-site role based in the Melbourne CBD.
Purpose of this role is to ensure the proper functioning of personal computing and office technology so that end users can most efficiently and effectively accomplish business tasks.
Participation in a regular 24/7 on call rotation is required for this role to ensure the business runs smoothly at all times. You will be compensated extra for each week you do this.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, managing mobile devices, implementing file backups, and configuring applications.
- Owns and drives issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization. Remains engaged on issues until resolution.
- Provide technical support for client facilities such as video conferencing and audio conferencing services.
- Participate in improvements as they relate to the on-site IT environment.
- Serves as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system. Assists customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework.
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming requests from customers via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Prioritise and escalate problems (when required).
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Supports operates and maintains AV equipment for live meetings and events.
- Acts as backup trainer when requested.
- Flexibility to work on projects and tasks outside of business hours and in weekends to ensure minimal disruption to the business will be necessary from time to time.
- Experience in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field for 3 to 5 years.
- Microsoft MCP desired or other appropriate certification.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware with a focus on workstations and laptops.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Significant application support experience with Microsoft Office.
- Proven track record of working under Service Level Agreements and a Service Desk framework.
- Expert knowledge for online webinar tools and applications.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Vincent Cote Boucher at email@example.com