Envirosuite is a global leader in environmental intelligence, using proprietary technology and real-time localised data to help industries grow and communities thrive. Envirosuite delivers flexible solutions to address challenges with air and water quality, and with noise and vibration. Founded in Australia, Envirosuite now has operations in 13 countries and is a trusted partner to the world’s leading operators in airports, cities, construction, mining, heavy industry, waste and water. By harnessing the power of environmental intelligence, we can build a better world.
Reporting to the Group General Counsel, we are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel who can effectively communicate at all levels (from the most senior to the most junior) within the fast paced and innovative Envirosuite business. We are looking for a customer focused, commercially minded, resilient, flexible and adaptable lawyer who is capable of managing a varied workload, advising Envirosuite’s subsidiaries in 13 countries.
- Developing, drafting and negotiating a range of contracts (including software, SaaS, hardware, professional services, master services, partner, supplier and customer agreements);
- Advising on a broad range of related matters across Envirosuite’s operations globally, including privacy, data security, intellectual property, WHS, competition, anti-bribery & corruption and trade compliance, disputes and litigation, real property, M&A and other corporate actions and general commercial law;
- Developing strategies to manage risk and enhance governance processes;
- Drafting, reviewing and amending corporate governance policies, to ensure legal, ASX and other regulatory compliance;
- Assisting with company secretarial duties, including preparation and co-ordination of board papers, minutes and regulatory reporting;
- Drafting, reviewing and amending internal policies to ensure legal compliance together with appropriate application to the company;
- Implementing process improvements that assist the Legal team and other stakeholders;
- Managing external legal advisers (globally);
- Delivering training across the business as required; and
- Managing relevant legislative and regulatory updates throughout the 13 countries in which Envirosuite has subsidiary operations.
What we’re looking for
- Post-qualification experience in a law firm coupled with at least 1 year in-house
- 5+ years PQE and a valid practising certificate in Australia
- Experience advising on privacy, data security, IP and a good working knowledge of the Australian Privacy Act, GDPR, the Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules
- Commercial contract drafting and negotiating skills
- Comfort working independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to find solutions to meet business needs whilst maintaining legal compliance
* This role is exclusively retained by Sharp & Carter, any third party approaches will be forwarded for our consideration and review.