Medsurge Healthcare is an Australian owned company established in 2007. The company delivers high quality and lower-cost alternatives in pharmaceuticals throughout the Asia Pacific region such as Australia, New Zealand and surrounding areas. Medsurge Healthcare also prides itself in delivering unique and highly specialised healthcare products to healthcare professionals.
About the role
In your role as the Legal Counsel, you will review legal documents, manage risk, conduct negotiations on behalf of the organisation and ensure the organisation's legal compliance. Some of the key elements of the role are listed below:
- All aspects of contracts management.
- Developing, drafting and negotiating a range of contracts (including supply, master services, partner, supplier, customer agreements, CDA and NDA).
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Monitor the legal environment and trends concerning the areas involving contracts to ensure compliance.
- End to end involvement of the lifecycle of license and supply agreements.
- Involvement in marketing authorizations in Australia with the relevant governing bodies and the commercialisation of these registrations.
- Drafting, reviewing, and amending internal policies to ensure legal compliance together with appropriate application to the company.
- Implementing process improvements that assist the Legal team and other stakeholders.
- Developing strategies to manage risk and enhance governance processes..
- Responding to claims regarding patent issues.
Whether already in house or coming from private practice we know you will have some great skills to bring to the table based on your commercial law experience. Some preferred requirements of the role are:
- 5+ years PQE and a valid practising certificate in Australia
- Commercial contract drafting and negotiating skills
- IP experience
- Comfortable working independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment