Our partner is a leading Australian private markets finance and investment house, whose success is built on an ethical approach, deep capabilities and the capacity to inspire trust in their partners. They have a deep sense of responsibility to their co-investors, partners, and clients and are considered as one of the industry leaders in the Australian business world.
About the Role
Reporting through to the Director Legal you will provide direction and oversight of the Legal team, while providing accurate and up to date legal advice and counsel on a range of issues across the business. Some of the projects and activities you will play a lead role in are:
- Finance (Property and Corporate): property loans (including residential construction, land bank and commercial development loans), corporate loans (including for working capital and acquisitions), structured finance (including warehouse and other securitisations), trade finance, syndications and sub-participations.
- Equity investments: equity investments in real estate assets, corporate acquisitions, joint ventures and other direct investment structures.
- Funds: administration of existing funds, development and launch of new funds, funding methods, trust documentation, investor disclosure documents and investor queries/dispute.
- General corporate: demergers, employee share plans, corporate structuring, shareholder relations, capital raisings (including debt, equity, note programs or other hybrid financings) and consultancy arrangements.
- Managing the resolution of contractual disputes, employment issues and litigation arising from time to time.
This could be your first move away from traditional private practice or a step up in your in house career- either way this role has much to offer and you may have some of the attributes listed below:
- 3-6 years’ post-qualification experience in banking & finance (preferred), corporate, property and/or insolvency at a large law firm or quality in-house legal department.
- In depth knowledge of contract, finance, property, corporate and insolvency law.
- Ability to contribute to negotiations and complete transactions in collaboration with your team and external providers.
- A high level of commercial awareness to understand the commercial perspective and requirements of business units within legal and regulatory constraints
*This role is exclusive to Sharp & Carter Legal