Sharp & Carter Legal are delighted to partner with our Client, one of Australia's leading brand houses. Their brands have been worn by everyone from royalty, professional athletes to musicians and everyday families. With a unique business model, they are one of the main players in the Australian footwear and apparel industry, who are focused on growth both domestically and internationally.
About the role
Reporting to a highly experienced and regarded General Counsel, you will be a senior member of the legal team and trusted advisor to the business. You will be responsible for providing a broad range of legal services, including reviewing and negotiating complex general commercial law matters relevant to the business.
The role will involve extensive liaison with a breadth of internal and external stakeholders, and will also provide the opportunity to liaise closely with senior management. Outside of general commercial contract matters you will also advise on:
- Negotiating and drafting a wide variety of retail specific legal contracts including general and IT contracts, brand licence agreements, merchandise agreements, sourcing agreements, collaboration and agents agreements and manufacturers’ terms of supply.
- Retail specific issues, including ACCC, marketing, competition and promotion advice.
- Legal aspects of Privacy, Whistle-blower, Modern Slavery compliance, Cyber and Data Notification scheme law as required.
- Employment law and work, health & safety advice.
- Retail and commercial leasing management, lease documentation review and finalisation and lease transition review and execution.
- Enterprise-wide risk management, corporate governance and legal compliance management.
- Policy review/update and precedent management.
- General litigation.
- Business unit training.
- Provision of company secretarial services.
You will have a minimum 4 years’ experience in general corporate/commercial law and property leasing; coming from either a private practice or in house background. Whilst experience is important, a genuine interest in the industry will be a key driver for your success in this exciting position.
For a full position description and a confidential discussion please reach out to Lee on 0450363147 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is exclusive to Sharp & Carter Legal