Sharp and Carter is proud to be partnering with one of Melbourne's most reputable and iconic logistics business in their search for a Management Accountant to join their accounting and finance team. The organisation is embarking on an exciting period of growth and expansion and as such this represents as a fantastic opportunity for a up and coming go-getter to make a real name for themselves!
Reporting to the Financial Controller your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Producing the weekly P&L for a number of business units, across Transport and Logistics
- KPI reporting and analysis, for a daily, weekly and month view
- Assist with the month-end close process, working closely with the financial accounting supervisor to ensure that the aggregated weekly results materially align to the final monthly result.
- Ad hoc analysis and reports production, based on the requirements of the business
- Provide insight in the performance of the business, through the analysis of the financial results.
- Provide specialist consultancy advice and service to the Stakeholders, including regular briefings and meetings on all aspects of financial management policies and procedures in conjunction with Finance and Leadership team.
- Provide key financial advice to the Finance and Leadership teams on key financial, forecasting, system and planning processes. Negotiate solutions where a range of interests have to be accommodated.
- Contribute to the provision of high quality, efficient and accurate financial assistance and information to internal and external parties as required on a prompt and consistent basis.
- Actively participate in the creation of an environment of continuous improvement through the identification of process/procedure improvements and identifying ways of exceeding customer expectations
We are seeking expressions of interest from candidates with
- A finance/accounting degree with relevant experience in a large service based organisation;
- Proven written communication skills that enable clear and articulate presentation of information in a meaningful and usable form.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively liaise with all levels of management, and the ability to work in a flexible and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving targets through being self-motivated and results focused, with proven ability to operate within tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently on projects of a diverse nature, while exercising initiative to complete competing work tasks within tight timeframes.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate strong working knowledge of excel and data manipulation functions
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jason Tran on 0426 265 677 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org