Sharp & Carter are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated People & Culture Officer to support our client to provide day to day advice to managers and staff to ensure best practice HR services are achieved. This permanent fulltime position will report through to the People & Culture Manager and work closely with all internal departments and some external stakeholders.
- Providing timely and accurate advice and support on generalist HR queries and assist the People & Culture manager in achieving improved people performance outcomes
- Conducting and supporting HR and employee relations investigations along with reviewing and reporting on trends to operational managers
- Assisting the P&C Manager with carrying out performance management, employee relations, disciplinary procedures along with assisting to achieve improved people performance outcomes
- Fostering a culture of collaboration, inclusion and fairness and identifying process and system improvements
- Assist with reviewing, creating and implementing new initiatives, counsel on policies and procedures and maintain employee records
- Maintain knowledge of HR functions and ensure legal compliance across the board
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting a People & Culture team
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within HR or equivalent will come highly regarded
- Positive and collaborative attitude with a willingness and desire to learn
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skill with the capability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Intermediate skills with the MS Office suite and Outlook
- Able to work out of hours on needs basis
Our client is a reputable company within the Australian food manufacturing sector, offering their employees a safe working environment and commitment to training opportunities. The company boasts a down to earth working culture and takes pride in their high retention rates of their valued employees. This is a fulltime permanent position with an established manufacturing organisation offering the opportunity to work closely with an experienced People & Culture manager. This role will also give the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in a large scale HRIS implementation project within the next year.
How to Apply
If this opportunity aligns with your next potential career move, please apply directly using the link below and submit an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all candidates directly and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position.
For a confidential career discussion to discuss potential Human Resources vacancies available through Sharp & Carter, please contact Pia Runge in our Brisbane office on 0438 392 223.