Our client are seeking a candidate with previous experience dealing with high volumes of claims, managing and creating rebates and a candidate who has a critical, process improvement eye, to join a reputable business in the South East.
This position is a full time, 6 month Fixed Term Contract and as such our client is looking for a candidate that is immediately available.
Attractive remuneration offered.
The role is split in responsibilities across; Creating rebates, Matching and processing claims, Tradespend & Process improvement.
- Creation of rebates in line with Sales promotional plan
- Accountable for proactively collaborating with the Sales team to ensure rebates for the upcoming periods are created so spend is accrued at the correct time.
- Review and Matching of claims against rebates
- Accountable to check the validity of claims vs scan data where available.
- Process claims to appropriate rebates escalating discrepancies to the relevant Sales Manager as required.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely processing of claims and managing the ageing of claims alongside the Receivables team.
- Develop and manage a process for reviewing tradespend for
Return on Investment incorporating both quantitative and
- Lead process improvement project for Rebate processing
and make recommendations for changes to the process.
- Review and make recommendations for changes to the
Tradespend Policy and Procedure Document.
- Understanding of the retail market and the key players
- Management of rebates files and understanding of the process of claims and accruals.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written format across all levels of the business.
- Advanced Excel modelling skills. Able to use those skills to develop efficiencies and controls into the process.
- Exposure to SAP or a very similar operating system is highly desired.
If you possess the required skills for this position please follow the prompts and apply. Alternatively and only if you've dealt with a Sharp & Carter consultant within the last 12 months, please contact Candace Page directly on 0418 630 526.