The role of the Safety & Compliance Specialist is responsible for leading the company’s workplace health and safety strategy to assist the company in developing a strong compliant safety culture. This will be done by developing and implementing systems, policies and procedures, planning and coordinating training, providing specialist advice, performance monitoring and reporting.
- Provide specialist WHS advice and support to management and staff
- Maintain WHS policies and procedures to meet Company and legislated requirements.
- Co-ordinate WHS training based on legislative requirements and company specifics including induction.
- WHS system administrator for the venue
- Review and conduct Risk Assessments for major risk areas
- Develop a company WHS induction program
- RTW Coordinator in accordance with legislative requirements
- Encourage safety leadership by management through involvement in undertaking safety walks / attending Toolbox meetings, leadership development training and positive reinforcement
Skills and Experience
- WHS experience - preferably within warehousing/logistics
- A degree qualification in WHS or similar gained through relevant experience
- FSA qualified
- Certificate in workplace rehabilitation
- Certificate in Senior First Aid
- Demonstrated experience in a Corporate WHS Advisor or Specialist’s role preferably for a large multisite, distribution business.
Our client is a large multisite international business based in the southern suburbs of Brisbane. With strong employee tenure and modern office facilities, this organisation promotes a respectful and engaged workforce. With an open and encouraging attitude to change and process improvement, you will work for a company that recognises the importance of efficiency and implementing change. Located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, this position has parking available onsite.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position.
For a confidential discussion please contact Pia Runge in our Brisbane office on 0438 392 2223 or email@example.com