An opportunity has arisen for a strong technical Senior Financial Accountant to join a well- established, and respected organisation, who are one of the leaders within their field. Taking a hands-on approach, this role will be responsible for the month end process, looking into cleaning up the balance sheet and working on multiple projects as the business is going through a restructure due to organic growth. This role reports to the Financial Controller.
The main duties include:
- Ensuring all assigned daily, weekly, and monthly Financial Accounting team tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contributing to team success during the month-end close process through completing all assigned tasks, proactively assisting with internal queries, and engagement with stakeholders on issues/variances as they arise to ensure a timely resolution.
- Ensuring the highest quality is maintained when preparing all journals and reconciliations.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed for all entities monthly – following up and investigating key variances
- Timely, accurate and transparent reporting of financial accounting information to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Taking an active role in periodic finance activities assisting in the investigation & resolution of queries and team mailbox maintenance.
- Taking part in finance projects as business requirements arise. For example, these may include preparation of key disclosures as part of half-year & full-year group reporting, supporting the external audit process, budget & strategic planning processes, representing finance in business initiatives through providing accounting guidance.
- Responsible for assessing changes in accounting standards and working with the Group to assess the impact on the financial records.
- Working collaboratively with other financial accounting team members.
- Providing coaching to financial accounting team members as and when required.
- Promote a culture of best practice governance and compliance among colleagues and direct reports
- Attend all required training sessions and team meetings
- Perform any other accounting duties or serve in such other capacity as may be determined by management and participate in ad-hoc projects as and when required.
The successful applicant will have
- Qualified CA or CPA preferably from a big 4 or mid-tier firm
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Hands on experience in financial and project accounting.
- Recognised ERP system experience such as SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft
- Strong MS Excel skills inclusive of V-Look ups.
- Excellent communications and the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
About the client
Well established, our client is fast becoming a leader nationally within the retail and healthcare industries. This organisation possesses a business strategy of developing from within and aiming to be the best that they can be whilst maintaining a customer focus mentality. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-moving business and contribute directly to its continued success, initially on a temp basis with the opportunity of a long term/permanent role.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org