Our Client exercises one of the most important functions in supporting the public health response by providing key services in supply chain, procurement and corporate services by partnering with Victoria’s public health services and suppliers in delivering best in class health-related goods and services.
About the role
You will be an integral asset in the procurement and delivery of goods and services to the public health system; some of the activities you can expect to perform are:
- Assist in the review, drafting and negotiation of contracts based on procurement policies, best practices and case law.
- Provide legal advice, in consultation with senior leadership on various areas of law, including, but not limited to, consumer protection, competition, administrative, intellectual property, privacy and data protection and dispute resolution.
- Provide legal and strategic advice to internal clients and stakeholders.
Ideally you will be able to show capability in the following:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement law; drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements.
- Awareness of systems that support corporate governance and risk management.
- Sound commercial nous and deep understanding of the principles of contract law as they arise in commercial contracts, procurement agreements and tenders.
- Sound risk management coupled with a pragmatic approach.
This role is exclusive to Sharp & Carter Legal