An exceptional opportunity has become available for an experienced Senior Payroll Officer to join a highly reputable and large organisation located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane. You will apply your strong payroll knowledge and skill set to ensure the successful and efficient payroll management for a large national workforce.
This role provides you the opportunity to work in a strong values-driven organisation who have exceptional employee tenure across the payroll function. Working in a high-performing team within payroll, you will be supported and guided to ensure you are a long-term and successful member of the organisation. This organisation is located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane with parking options and public transport close by.
Reporting to the Payroll Lead, this position is an integral role in the payroll team and requires a highly organised and skilled professional who can work collaboratively and efficiently.
Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Efficient and accurate interpretation of various EBAs and awards;
- Management of calculation adjustments and deductions including terminations, back-payments, WorkCover, tax, etc.;
- High volume reconciliations;
- Reporting of data and payroll trends;
- Attending to and resolving any employee payroll queries in an efficient, positive and timely manner;
- Assisting with the administration of new employee records and updating of existing employee files;
- Ad hoc support to the Payroll Officers for complex matters.
Skills & Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience in a Senior Payroll Officer position. In addition, you will also:
- High attention to detail while working in a fast-paced payroll environment;
- Experience leading and mentoring payroll officers;
- Adaptive communication style to ensure an open, professional and friendly manner to all levels within the organisation;
- Flexible work approach to meet the varying demands of an ever-changing and fast-moving environment;
- Positive and friendly work ethic;
- Strong team-player;
- High computer literacy in all Microsoft office applications (particularly Excel) and experience using a large payroll system (SAP preferred).
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a highly reputable organisation to appoint a Senior Payroll Officer in a permanent full-time position in the southern suburbs of Brisbane. The opportunity to commence with a thriving and supportive payroll team in a reputable organisation ensures you will feel valued, respected and challenged while applying and growing your payroll competencies.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of accounting support positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you are feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale for a confidential discussion on the details below.
Principal Consultant - Business & Accounting Support
0491 257 346