Our client is a well recognised multi-national retail brand who serves to provide products that improve the health of their customers. They operate across a variety of countries and are a go-to store in Australia for specific needs.
Purpose Of The Role:
Our clients wants you as the Service Desk Analyst to provide professional front line IT support, technical diagnosis and fault resolution for all Retail Stores and internal users.
Incidents and requests reported from a wide range of users are handled as a first point of contact, and initial troubleshooting and resolution is provided in a speedy and professional manner. Support the rollouts of new projects, applications and hardware.
- Handle incoming incidents and requests via phone / email / web portal promptly and effectively.
- Diagnose, document and resolve a wide range of incidents reported by stores, internal users and lab staff.
- Prioritise own workload and schedule completion of requests, adhering to internal Service Level Agreements.
- Manage incidents, requests and projects through to completion with a high degree of ownership.
- Keep customers updated with progress regarding resolution of their issue.
- Ongoing maintenance of internal and external knowledgebase.
- Ensure that individual and team targets are consistently achieved.
- Maintain good communication with all colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Work individually or as part of a team developing Service Improvement Plans to improve the Service Desk services and/or processes as a part of Continual Service Improvement.
Your skills and experience:
- Experience of working in an IT Support or customer-focused role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and software
- Helpful attitude towards troubleshooting issues and helping customers
- Quick learner – open and able to learn new software, tools and processes
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate with people using non-technical, user-friendly language
Your Desirable skills:
- Knowledge or experience of Linux / RedHat
- Experience of working in a retail environment using Point of Sale systems
- Experience of using call logging / incident management software
- Experience of using remote diagnostic tools such as VNC or PuTTY
- Ability to deliver project assignments – working on own initiative or as part of a small team to deliver service improvements and execute projects
- Knowledge and understanding of key ITIL principles