The primary objective of the Systems Accountant is to assist the Finance Manager (Project Lead) with vendor selection, testing, implementation and rollout of the Finance software system and design associated accounting processes to meet organisational requirements.
- Act as the lead on the Finance systems design, planning and implementation roadmap across the Accounting, AR, AP and Procurement functions
- Work closely with the Finance, Administration, Credit and IT teams to plan and assist the implementation
- Support and develop the final CAPEX business case proposal and project implementation road map
- Manage and action functional testing for development activities of the Finance software
- Provide specialist and organisation-wide training and support as identified
- Organise and manage workshop sessions with key stakeholders within the business to document existing workflows and document business requirements
- Documenting and developing system workflows, processes and procedures, whilst maintaining robust internal controls
- Design and scope reports and dashboards within the Finance systems to meet users needs to enhance stakeholder decision-making and planning
- Assist with the vendor selection process based on the business requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business
- Postgraduate Qualification/Certificate – CPA or CA
- Precious experience working within an accounting environment
- Advanced analytical skills/attention to detail
- Excellent information technology skills and a good understanding of databases, data uploads, extraction and interfaces with other systems.
- Experience in managing, delivering and supporting a variety of challenging projects including technical, systems and controls and finance software vendor selection and engagement.