This position’s primary focus is to provide technical solutions and support to all core Business applications, related application infrastructure, projects, security, governance will the purpose of ensuring that all business applications have an ongoing improvement lifecycle.
The Business Application Engineer also needs to liaise with key stakeholders both technically and from a business perspective ensuring that all core IT applications are upgraded, developed, secured and complaint compliance and governance policies. The Business Application Engineer should be an excellent communicator and have proven experience supporting and maintaining a variety of business applications, while leading projects to develop and improve them through SDLC.
Task and responsibilities:
Projects, Applications & Systems support:
- Work with Vendors to ensure core IT applications systems including databases are fully functional, well maintained and SLAs are met.
- Co-ordinate external vendors to perform system administration tasks on core IT application systems and relevant databases.
- Conduct security and risk assessments on all core IT application systems and related infrastructure
- Co-ordinate external vendors to conduct optimisation and performance checks of core IT applications and related infrastructure.
- Undertake, Support, lead and participate in IT projects to implement continuous improvement of core IT applications and related infrastructure systems (Including the writing and the providing of business cases, projects plan and project schedules).
- Develop and maintain system documents relating to core IT applications and related systems and processes.
- 8 years’ experience in an Information Technology role managing the system administration of IT Applications and infrastructure.
- A proven track record of delivering IT applications and Infrastructures within a complex ICT environment.
- Strong SQL skills
- In-depth knowledge in leading the constant development, improvement, support and administrating of Microsoft applications and infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge in leading the constant development, improvement, support and administrating ERP system or Applications within an AWS environment.
- In-depth knowledge in the development, support and administrating various database technologies such as SQL, Oracle, Access, Firefox or similar databases.
- In-depth knowledge in the administrating and supporting of Salesforce cloud.
- Demonstrate In-depth knowledge of Prince2, SDLEC and ITIL practices. With Certification being high regarded.
- In-depth knowledge in of ICT applications and infrastructure.
- In-depth Knowledge of application, systems and integration design.
- Experience with SharePoint and server design, build and deployment.
- Proven capability in the development and implementation of transitional plans for software upgrades.