12 month fixed-term permanent role based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
You will support the internal IT and IT projects teams, data analysts and reporting specialists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Manage data migration efforts for ongoing large scale business system projects.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and various other technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Maintain and deploy data tools for analytics team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and functional experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (and related MS platforms) is highly desired
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Vincent Cote Boucher at email@example.com