Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller, you will oversee the accounting, taxation and financial reporting activities. You will be responsible for leading a mid-sized finance team, driving performance by identifying improvement opportunities, guide/mentor and lead from the front through your well-developed people management abilities whilst also comfortable being hands on. You will gain direct exposure dealing with the senior leadership group across many facets of the business and work closely with the Group Financial Controller & CFO.
You will act as the Group Financial Controllers 2IC essentially, oversee the finance team and offers an exciting career opportunity in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Lead and manage the finance team which includes qualified accounting professionals across reporting, governance, controls and tax
- Maintain and implement best practice processes around governance and compliance with up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards
- Monthly financial reporting activities including internal stakeholder management
- Responsible for statutory reporting and compliance, including preparation of financial statements, position papers and assist with the annual audit program
- Identify areas for improvement and implement process and system enhancements to create efficiencies
- Provide strong leadership, management and guidance to the finance team
- Continuous improvement mindset across system development and improvements
- CA/CPA or equivalent qualification
- Relevant experience in a senior accounting role in the commercial sector
- Demonstrated success in improving financial reporting, controls and commercial insights
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement abilities
- Exposure to a large, complex business environment previously
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with this large organisation who are well placed within their industry segment, with opportunities to continue their aspirations to scale and grow on a national basis. With an impressive track record to date, they offer strong career development opportunities and a fast paced yet enjoyable work culture. They offer a collaborative and supportive work environment where new ideas and commercial insights are valued; they are always looking for ways to improve and streamline processes where possible. Corporate head office is situated in the southern suburbs with a mix of working from the office and home being offered.
How to Apply
To apply please use the link below or for a confidential conversation please contact Daniel Careless on 0411 955 700 | firstname.lastname@example.org