As the HR Generalist, you will be responsible for providing high quality support services and guidance to relevant stakeholders throughout the employment lifecycle, ensuring best practice and timely customer-focused outcomes which are in accordance with relevant legislation, internal policies and procedures and applicable enterprise agreements and awards. This role will provide informed generalist HR advice to support key HR functions and stakeholders across the organisation and also manage WorkCover, rehabilitation and return to work processes.
This workforce has around 700 employees in Queensland and will offer a candidate a very hands-on HR role which will make them a very well-rounded HR practitioner. A range of HR activities and opportunities will be provided including HR projects, general HR opportunities and the opportunity to work across a very diverse range of employees and operations.
- Provide informed and timely advice to key internal stakeholders regarding the delivery of HR services including workforce management strategies, recruitment and selection, industrial relations, organisational health services, change management strategies and workforce management issues;
- Assist and support the HR Operations Manager and General Manager Human Resources in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and practices relating to HR and safety;
- Manage and lead the injury management process, ensure effective employee rehabilitation and return to work with a focus on meeting key performance indicators and reducing injured workers;
- Participate in the design of HR service provision o the society to support the core business of the organisation and its capability to respond to the needs of the communities;
- Provide training and coaching to staff and management on a range of HR topics.
- Tertiary qualifications in human resources, management or related business discipline;
- Experience providing generalist HR support and end-to-end management of WorkCover, rehabilitation and return to work functions;
- Ability to interpret organisational policies and procedures, enterprise agreements, awards and relevant employment legislation;
- Understanding of and commitment to the philosophies of a not for profit organisation and ability to work in accordance with the policies and procedures which promote the values and mission of the organisation.
This national not for profit organisation aspires to service the vulnerable in the community with love, respect, justice, hope and joy to shape more just and compassionate society. The organisation works together in an environment where their people have a shared understanding of how they behave towards one another, the individuals and community they serve, their supporters and all those in contact through their good works.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For a confidential discussion around your career or more information on this role, please call Haylea Smith, Principal Consultant Human Resources on 0491 286 873. firstname.lastname@example.org