Our client is an Australian investment firm that manages funds on behalf of private investors and family offices, and currently have over $1billion of funds under management. They have an impressive Board of Directors and a diverse portfolio of clients.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of two Equity funds, Investment Management Agreement with a large institutional bank, and oversight of several SPV’s. The typical product mix will include equity instruments, and other listed/unlisted investments, alongside a margin lending arrangement. Analyse, review and report on the performance of the fund, review daily pricing and audit monthly fund pricing, track and manage fund distributions, compliance, review performance fees calculations, including responsibility for all year-end accounting / taxation requirements for the fund.
- Monthly reporting for Equity Fund includes liaising with Mainstream and reviewing the unit price
- Daily cash flow reporting for equity products
- Preparing templates for all FX deals and Foreign trades for Equity funds and uploading to the Custodian portal for processing
- Review of Management fee calculations
- Review of Quarterly BAS
- Review of annual distribution calculations
- Review of annual Financial Statements
- Assistance with the year end audit review and coordination with third parties
- Review of the annual Income Tax Return
- Monitor and action proxy voting and any other Corporate Actions for Equity funds and the IMA
- Working with the Investor Relations team to ensure redemptions, applications and switches for the Equity funds are processed by Mainstream and reflected on the Investor Portal
- Settling of all IMA trades using Citi Custody on a daily basis
- Assistance with trade settlements
- Review of monthly NAV
- Calculation of quarterly management fees for IMA
- Review of monthly unit price for DP, Quarterly BAS and monthly management fee calculations prepared by Mainstream
- Preparing Annual Income Tax Return, Quarterly BAS and annual investor tax statements
- Assist with broader business enhancement projects as a key member of the finance team including any systems upgrades, process improvements etc
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in accounting, finance, business, law or relevant field. Knowledge of Fund Accounting concepts, either with an Investment Manager or Big 4 firm, considered an advantage. Sound knowledge of equity markets in the fund services industry.
To Apply please click the link or contract Lucy Jones at Ljones@sharpandcarter.com.au