Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient completion of the national weekly payroll processing and leading a small and high-performing payroll team. Furthermore, you will be able to apply your skills across database management, resolving queries accurately, reporting and reconciliation in a fast-paced payroll team environment. As the Senior Payroll Officer, this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a collaborative payroll team where the focus is on support, development and collaboration.
- Manage the processing of the weekly payroll cycles of an employee base up to 1500 of both salary and award employees;
- Provide advice through accurate award and EBA interpretation;
- Manage varying complex payroll calculations in relation to terminations, redundancies, entitlements and deductions, and completing necessary compliance documentation;
- Review payroll data from the time and attendance system from the various locations throughout Australia;
- Complete month-end and year-end processes including reconciliations and reporting;
- Leading a small team in payroll to ensure their success and career growth;
- Monitoring of practices and processes in payroll to ensure they comply with all statutory requirements and industrial awards.
Skills and Experience
- Experience processing payroll in a large organisation with an employee base exceeding 1000 of both salary and award employees;
- Prior experience interpreting EBA and awards and offering accurate information to the organisation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently with colleagues;
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience using Micropay Meridian.
Sharp & Carter are excited to partner with a large employer in the manufacturing sector for the appointment of a permanent Senior Payroll Officer. This organisation holds an excellent reputation in the market as being a forward-thinking and dynamic employer, our client is motivated to find a like-minded person to join their payroll team. This is a great opportunity to work for a large employer where you will develop and apply your skills in a supportive and friendly team culture.
How to Apply
If this position aligns with your next career move, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale - Principal Consultant Accounting Clerical for a confidential discussion.
0491 257 346