Our client is a successful Australian FMCG company that continues to partner with some of Australia’s most iconic and loved brands. With a commitment to driving a best-in-class operation, they now seek a Senior Warehouse Operations professional to Project Manage the delivery of a cutting-edge Warehouse Management System (WMS) in Melbourne's South East Suburbs.
We are seeking a Senior Ops Manager/WMS Project Manager to spearhead the successful implementation of a brand-new Warehouse Management System within a state-of-the-art facility located in Melbourne's South Eastern Suburbs. This is a critical role which will see you partner closely with Operations and IT, ensuring the project is delivered on time, within budget, and meets the highest standards of quality and functionality, in turn setting the business up for long-term success. Key to your success in this role will be your understanding of complex SAP WMS implementations, your ability to advise on good warehouse practices and layouts, and your experience managing inventory levels to reduce costs and improve operational efficiencies.
Importantly, this role requires a level of change management experience, to guide and influence the existing team and stakeholders across the business, and ensure seamless project delivery and future operational success.
- Execute a comprehensive project plan for the implementation of the new WMS, including RF scanning, and set the business up for operational success
- Lead cross-functional teams, including warehousing, logistics, operations and IT, to ensure a smooth and efficient implementation.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements across warehouse operations; racking, layout etc
- Facilitate effective communication and training to ensure successful project adoption.
- Collaborate with external vendors and consultants to manage project milestones, deliverables, and timelines.
- Identify potential risks and issues, develop mitigation strategies, and proactively address any challenges that may arise.
- Ensure effective communication between stakeholders at all levels to keep them informed of project progress.
- Monitor and control project budget, resources, and scope, ensuring alignment with the project's objectives.
- Develop and maintain project documentation and reports.
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Manager with experience project managing SAP WMS, within an FMCG environment
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities to coordinate cross-functional teams effectively and influence change across the operation
- In depth knowledge and experience of warehouse operations, including inventory optimisation, warehouse practices and layouts
- Ability to set up safe warehouse practices
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Opportunity to work on a cutting-edge project with a leading industry player.
- Potential for a permanent role – org structure is currently being devised for 2024
- A collaborative and supportive team environment.
How to Apply:
How to apply To apply online, please click on the apply function. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lewis Ironside on 0435824108 or email@example.com