This Brisbane-based agricultural organisation requires a hands-on and experienced workplace health and safety professional to drive work, health and safety outcomes across the business nationally. This is a varied role encompassing both hands-on and strategic elements. As well as workplace health and safety, you will be responsible for developing and managing all employee training and development programs and undertaking stakeholder engagement activities, partnering with the key parts of the community in which the business operates.
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and be the trusted leader to drive change and maintain a strong ‘safety first’ organizational culture;
- Mitigate safety risks by regularly undertaking assessment and site audits, work with operational teams to implement recommended changes, and provide education and training to the identification, assessment and control of risks;
- Maintain an understanding of existing and developing OHS industry and regulatory requirements and develop organizational safety competency frameworks and training as appropriate;
- Develop an annual training and development program for employees with emphasis on safety and skills development;
- Support the operational managers by ensuring a safety first culture to prevent potential risk, and also support investigations, near misses, breaches or breaches in safety processes and procedures.
- Relevant qualifications within Workplace Health & Safety combined with a Cert IV in Training & Assessment;
- Demonstrated experience as a Workplace Health & Safety leader for a national, multi-site organisation – experience within agriculture will come highly regarded;
- Strong communicator and approachable character who can work independently and collaboratively in teams to ensure messaging is communicated across the business in a clear manner;
- Experience in leading safety audits including assessment and rating of key operational risks within a hands-on business environment;
- Ability to think on feet and easily identify areas for improvement and effect quick change and engagement at all levels within a medium sized enterprise;
- Ability to travel interstate and within rural environments. A manual drivers license is also required for this position.
Sharp & Carter are proud to represent a progressive, innovative and highly reputable agriculture organisation within the Brisbane market. The organisation is an Australian-owned and operated organisation dedicated to exceptional service and providing their employees an enjoyable place to work. They are committed to the local and hands-on relationships with their customers and believe in continued innovation. This organisation is down-to-earth, people focused and enjoy a fun working culture and fast-paced environment. This is the opportunity for a Senior WHS Advisor or WHS Manager to truly take hold of a safety function, make it their own and take the safety culture to a new level.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For more information about this opportunity, please call Haylea Smith - Principal Consultant Human Resources for a confidential discussion.